World News | Latest Hot News | Hot News Events – Whmovie.com

Whmovie News: reports on the latest developments in the World,World news, the latest hot news, hot news events, Fashion news, and celebrity news

  • HOME

Posts Tagged ‘ hamas ’

As Gaza ceasefire hinges on returning remains, Waltz says U.S. to help find the missing, including Americans

The ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza was still holding Thursday despite strains over missing hostages’ remains — including two U.S. nationals — and sporadic violence in the Palestinian enclave since the U.S. peace agreement came into effect almost a week ago.Mike Waltz, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, said Thursday that American personnel would be part of the effort to recover the remains of the 19 hostages that have yet to be turned over.

Hamas returned the bodies of two more deceased Israeli hostages Wednesday night, bringing the total number returned to nine. But as video continued to emerge showing the staggering scale of destruction in Gaza, the group said it couldn’t hand over any more remains without specialized equipment to find and retrieve the bodies.

Israeli soldier Capt. Daniel Peretz was among the former hostages laid to rest in solemn ceremonies on Wednesday after his family finally received his body, which was held in Gaza for over two years. Peretz was killed fighting Hamas during the attack on Oct. 7, 2023. For his family, the day brought fresh pain.

Funeral Held For Daniel Peretz, Hostage Whose Remains Were Returned After Gaza Ceasefire
Rabbi Doron Peretz and Shelley Peretz hug next to their daughters during the funeral for Daniel Peretz, an Israeli soldier who was captured on Oct. 7, 2023 and whose remains were returned to Israel this week, at Mount Herzl National Cemetery, Oct. 15, 2025, in Jerusalem.Alexi J. Rosenfeld/Getty/ALEXI ROSENFELN

“It’s a new truth I have to face,” said his sister Adina Peretz. “It’s proof, proof, that you are really gone.”

The Hostages and Missing Families Forum, which represents Israeli hostage families, said this week that the peace process should not move forward until all the bodies are returned.

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz, in a social media post on Monday, called Hamas’ initial handover of only four bodies “a violation of the agreement,” adding that “any delay or deliberate avoidance will be considered a gross violation of the agreement and will be responded to accordingly.”

But senior U.S. advisers speaking to reporters on Wednesday in Washington urged patience, citing the difficulties in retrieving the remains. They said U.S. officials were not at a point where they believed the peace agreement had been violated by either side.

“Many of the Hamas commanders who are responsible for burying these Israeli hostages are no longer alive,” Israeli hostage negotiator Gershon Baskin told CBS News on Wednesday. “They were killed by the Israelis.”

Given that fact, and the perilous conditions inside the Palestinian territory, where there are unexploded bombs amid the piles of debris, Baskin said “some of the deceased hostages may never be found, and that’s part of the reality, but we have to make sure that Hamas is doing everything possible to do it.”

A Palestinian woman, Hayam Meqdad, 49, walks on the rubble of her destroyed home, in Gaza City
Hayam Meqdad, 49, walks on the rubble of her destroyed home amid a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, in Gaza City, Oct. 15, 2025.EBRAHIM HAJJAJ/REUTERS

President Trump weighed in on the matter himself on Wednesday, telling reporters the recovery efforts — which international search and rescue experts are expected to join at some point — were “a gruesome process.”

“I almost hate to talk about it,” said Mr. Trump. “But they’re digging. They’re actually digging, areas where they’re digging, and they’re finding a lot of bodies. Then they have to separate the bodies.”

Waltz, President Trump’s former National Security Advisor and the current U.N. ambassador, noted Thursday on Fox News that there were still two American nationals among the deceased hostages in Gaza.

“We will do everything to get them out,” Walz said, adding that there was “an entire task force” including senior American officials, along with 200 U.S. troops, in the region “to help with this and with the aid facilitation, and the Israelis are absolutely focused on it. So, they need heavy equipment. They need specialized gear. But we have to also understand that if this ceasefire falls apart, the fighting starts, that’s going to make it that much harder to find these loved ones and get them out.”

The remains of American-Israeli nationals Itay Chen and Omer Neutra, both of whom were members of the Israel Defense Forces, have yet to be returned from Gaza.

Turkey has offered its assistance in locating and retrieving the remains of the hostages still in Gaza, given the country’s extensive expertise after recent catastrophic earthquakes. No firm plans for such a deployment, from Turkey or any other nation, have been confirmed, but Turkish media said 81 personnel from that country alone could be sent to the region, including ten-person specialist search and rescue units.

Israel said it would return the bodies of 15 Palestinians in exchange for the remains of every hostage handed back by Hamas as part of the peace deal, and the Red Cross has been transferring remains of Palestinians back to Gaza in recent days. But those returns, too, have been mired in controversy.

Bodies of Palestinians Returned To Gaza by Israel
Morgue workers unload the bodies of Palestinians handed over from Israeli custody after they were transported by Red Crescent vehicles to the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, southern Gaza, Oct. 15, 2025. Majdi Fathi/NurPhoto/Getty

“We saw with our own eyes clear signs of torture and execution,” Sameh Hamad, a member of a commission tasked with receiving the bodies at a hospital in the southern city of Khan Younis, told The Associated Press. “Their hands and feet were cuffed, their eyes blindfolded.”

Hamas said in a statement on Thursday that “horrifying scenes seen on the bodies” handed over by Israel included “signs of torture, mutilation, and field executions.”

The group called on human rights organizations and the United Nations “to document these atrocious crimes, to open an urgent and comprehensive investigation, and to bring the leaders of the occupation to trial before the competent international courts.”

Former Israeli hostages have also spoken of torture at the hands of their Hamas captors in Gaza, including Keith Siegel, who was held for over a year.

He told CBS‘ 60 Minutes in March that he witnessed the sexual assault of other hostages by Hamas militants, and that he was personally beaten, psychologically tortured and humiliated by his captors.

The Israeli military responded Friday to a CBS News request for comment on the allegations that Palestinian prisoners were tortured, saying that it “operates strictly in accordance with international law, in stark contrast to the murderous terror organization Hamas, which slaughtered civilians, desecrated bodies, and even glorified their actions by publishing their atrocities online.”

The statement added that all of the bodies returned to Gaza thus far were those of “combatants within the Gaza Strip, and not of detainees taken alive to Israel and executed, as mentioned in the article. The IDF did not tie any bodies prior to their release to the Strip.”

2025
10/17
CATEGORY
Hot News
TAGS
americans
ceasefire
find
gaza
hamas
hinges
including
missing
remains
returning
says
waltz
Comments Off on As Gaza ceasefire hinges on returning remains, Waltz says U.S. to help find the missing, including Americans

Hamas says it ‘responded positively’ to temporary ceasefire deal proposal with Israel

Hamas announced it has submitted a “positive response” to the mediators about the current ceasefire and hostage exchange release proposal on the table.

How the proposal will be implemented will require another round of negotiations, according to the group.

Palestinians inspect the rubble following Israeli strikes on the al-Qattaa family home in al-Tuffah neighbourhood in Gaza City on May 31, 2025.
Omar Al-qattaa/AFP via Getty Images

“The movement is fully prepared to immediately enter into a round of negotiations regarding the mechanism for implementing this framework,” Hamas said.

The deal comes more than 20 months into the conflict — and more than three months after a previous deal ended.

Israel had expected a response from Hamas on the ceasefire and hostage deal by Friday, an Israeli official told ABC News.

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s office addressed the Hamas response to the ceasefire proposal on the table, saying in a statement, “the changes Hamas are requesting to make” to it are “unacceptable to Israel.”

Nonetheless, the office said a negotiating team will leave Sunday for Doha, Qatar, to continue negotiations on the proposal.

“After assessing the situation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed to accept the invitation for proximity talks and to continue the negotiations to return our hostages on the basis of the Qatari proposal that Israel agreed to,” the office said.

Earlier this week, a Hamas adviser said the group was still studying the proposal.

“Hamas is open to any proposal that will end the Israeli military campaign in Gaza, but Hamas wants guarantees that Israel will commit to moving to the second phase of the ceasefire agreement after the first phase, which is set to last for 60 days,” said Taher Al-Nounou, media adviser to the head of Hamas.

What’s in the deal?

The revised temporary ceasefire deal on the table now deals with the release of more hostages by Hamas, according to two Israeli sources familiar with the matter.

The deal calls for the release of 10 living hostages from Hamas captivity and the return of 15 bodies of hostages being held by the terrorist group.

It is believed there are about 20 living hostages still being held by Hamas.

According to the terms of the proposal, the release of the 10 living hostages and 15 bodies will be staggered over the 60-day period the temporary ceasefire is in effect.

Under the terms of the deal, Hamas will not hold ceremonies for the hostage releases, as they did during a previous six-week ceasefire.

Discussion of a permanent ceasefire will take place during the 60-day period.

Even after Hamas responds to the proposal, there are still several issues that remain to be addressed, one of the sources said — including the number of Palestinian prisoners to be released in exchange for hostages.

In many rounds of negotiations, Hamas has sought a guaranteed end to the war in Gaza — but that remained a chief sticking point in recent negotiations and something Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had not agreed to budge on.

President Donald Trump meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, April 7, 2025.
Kevin Mohatt/Reuters, Files

President Donald Trump announced earlier this week that Israel had agreed to conditions for the 60-day ceasefire in Gaza.

Trump said representatives from Qatar and Egypt would deliver the final proposal to Hamas, which came after a “long and productive meeting” between Trump officials and Israeli officials in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday.

“I hope, for the good of the Middle East, that Hamas takes this Deal, because it will not get better — IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE,” Trump said in a post on his Truth Social platform.

The latest deal comes after months of negotiations over a ceasefire led in part by U.S. Middle East Envoy Steve Witkoff.

In May, the White House submitted an Israeli-approved proposal for a 60-day ceasefire to Hamas, but the deal stalled.

At the time, Trump urged both Israel and Hamas to make a deal ahead of and during his first foreign policy trip of his second term in office to the Middle East. Ultimately, a deal was not reached, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ramped up attacks on Gaza after Trump left the region

In January, a six-week temporary ceasefire went into effect, resulting in the release of dozens of captives held by Hamas and an exchange of Palestinian prisoners.

However, that ceasefire ended on March 18 when Israel resumed military operations against Hamas in Gaza, with Israel citing the failure to release the remaining hostages and saying the military was targeting Hamas terrorists who posed a threat to Israeli troops and citizens.

The Israeli government also imposed a blockade on humanitarian aid entering the Gaza Strip on March 2 that lasted for 11 weeks and ended on May 19.

The Israel-Hamas war has taken a grim human toll. Since the war began, nearly 56,000 people in Gaza have been killed and more than 131,000 have been wounded, according to Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry.

The war began on Oct. 7, 2023, when 1,200 people were killed in a Hamas-led terrorist attack on southern Israel. Hundreds more were taken hostage. At least 20 living hostages are believed to still remain in Hamas captivity.

2025
07/06
CATEGORY
World News
TAGS
ceasefire
deal
hamas
israel
positively
proposal
responded
says
temporary
Comments Off on Hamas says it ‘responded positively’ to temporary ceasefire deal proposal with Israel

Whmovie News

Whmovie News:reports on the latest developments in the World,World news,the latest hot news,hot news events,fashion news,and celebrity news
RSS FEED

Categories

  • Fashion News
  • Hot News
  • US News
  • World News

Archives

  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025

Recent Posts

  • Trump meeting Zelenskyy at White House a day after conversation with Putin
  • Trump and Putin’s ally Viktor Orbán enthuses over planned Ukraine war summit in Hungary
  • As Gaza ceasefire hinges on returning remains, Waltz says U.S. to help find the missing, including Americans
  • U.K. leader calls local ban on Israeli Maccabi Tel Aviv soccer fans “the wrong decision”
  • ‘Incredible deals’: Why now is the best time to buy an electric vehicle

Recent Comments

    November 2025
    M T W T F S S
     12
    3456789
    10111213141516
    17181920212223
    24252627282930
    « Oct    

    Tags

    after attack beautiful big bill bombing coming dead Donald Trump facilities flooding GOP hegseth his into iran iranian israel killed leader least live meeting military minister missing more new nuclear people prime procedural putin says she still suspect texas they trump updates us vote war was
    • Copyright ©  2023-2025 World News | Latest Hot News | Hot News Events – Whmovie.com kurt geiger shoes:kurt geiger bags:clarks outlet:on running shoes:jared jewelry:Allen Edmonds Shoes sam edelman shoes Kelly And Katie Munro Shoes Pottery Barn Kids irish setter boots danner boots Running Shoes olukai shoes mountain bikes Tamaris Schuhe Damen brooks shoes saLomon boots lucchese boots on cloud shoes sperry shoes keen shoes asics shoes on cloud sneakers moon boots Brooks Iaufschuhe vans outlet thursday boots brahmin handbags converse shoes boots ireland Venus Clothing thorogood boots mejuri jewelry Red Wing Boots birdies shoes keds shoes kizik shoes teva sandals BÄR Schuhe Giesswein Schuhe bzees shoes born shoes Barfußschuhe allbirds shoes nocona boots best running shoes reef sandals boc shoes coach outlet online coach outlet S.Oliver Online Shop best running shoes ll bean Canada Vasque Boots brunt work boots on cloud sneakers boots online shopping boots online shopping dooney and bourke dickies pants reebok sneakers pf flyers shoes consuela bags chicos clothing wrangler jeans Brahmin Purses Caterpillar Shoes Bali Bras lowa schuhe On Schuhe On Schuhe Damen Bionica Shoes Rieker Boots Bates Boots Tory Burch Outlet Vamos Schuhe Damen Bombas Socks Compression Socks School Bags dolce vita shoes Jansport Backpack gabor schuhe Blowfish Shoes bearpaw boots Naturalizer Canada Venus Swimwear Cody James Boots Lifestride Shoes Copenhagen Schuhe lloyd schuhe School Bags Frye Boots atlas schuhe